- How to Improve Your Self-Esteem in 5 Minutes or Less
- Emotional intelligence might make you more resilient, but there’s a catch
- There Is No Happiness Dial
- New Neuroscience Reveals 7 Secrets That Will Make You Emotionally Intelligent
- How To Design Emotional Interfaces For Boring Apps
What isEmotional Design? Emotional design strives to create products that elicit appropriate emotions, in order to create a positive experience for the user. To do so, designers conside...
There are no quick fixes for low self-esteem: There’s no profound insight your therapist can give you that will suddenly improve your self-esteem There’s no secret mantra that will unlock your inner…
«If you spend your entire childhood learning that you’re not good enough or not lovable, that’s not something that’s going to change overnight.»
When your product deals with repetitive tasks, it’s hard to keep users excited about it. That’s where UI comes into play. In this article, we’ll talk about elements that make an interface more emotional, dig deeper into how they work, and look at apps that use them well.
You might think being mentally tough means ignoring your emotions. It’s actually the opposite.
Perfect for the lonely designer souls thinking KPI’s shouldn’t be your only worry.
Being emotionally intelligent matters most during conflict. And if we master that, it can lead to very good results. Here's how to improve...
You can't control your emotions directly. But you can influence them indirectly by taking responsibility for your attention.
«Emotions are the consequence of how we think.»
The tricky thing about emotional intelligence is that despite being widely agreed to be a positive attribute, experts don’t agree on what it is.
«You may see those traits in yourself, but it can be difficult to scientifically verify whether or not you truly exhibit these characteristics.»
Emotions play a massive role in our life. People are both rational and emotional. And when it comes to digital products, many people want…
“The emotionally intelligent person knows that they will only ever be mentally healthy in a few areas and at certain moments, but is committed to fathoming their inadequacies and warning othe…
Is product design only about how humans interacts with it?
A guide on how to use understandings of emotion and memory as frameworks for creating products that resonate emotionally with your users.
I am scared of water.
http://uxplanet.org official twitter account
An online magazine for designers and web developers. Questions? We've got your back: @SmashingSupport, @SmashingConf. Curated by Iris, Vitaly and the team.
The Interaction Design Foundation (IxDF) is the world’s largest online design school. We were founded in 2002 and have over 139,000 students.
My new book "Plays Well With Others" is available now: https://geni.us/pwwo
Muzli by InVision is a Chrome extension that provides quick access to all that’s hot and simply awesome in the #Inspiration #design & #tech #web #ux #ui scene.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets 5 links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, add to reading list, save to «Made me smarter», «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Which sources does Refind monitor on emotional intelligence?
We monitor hundreds of sources on emotional intelligence, including UX Planet, Smashing Magazine 🇺🇦 🏳️🌈, Interaction Design Foundation (IxDF), Eric Barker, Muzli, and many more.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
100k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.