- How to Improve Your Self-Esteem in 5 Minutes or Less
- New Neuroscience Reveals 7 Secrets That Will Make You Emotionally Intelligent
- Why do high IQ people stagnate in their careers? Emotional intelligence
- There Is No Happiness Dial
- Emotional intelligence might make you more resilient, but there’s a catch
What isEmotional Design? Emotional design strives to create products that elicit appropriate emotions, in order to create a positive experience for the user. To do so, designers conside...
There are no quick fixes for low self-esteem: There’s no profound insight your therapist can give you that will suddenly improve your self-esteem There’s no secret mantra that will unlock your inner…
«If you spend your entire childhood learning that you’re not good enough or not lovable, that’s not something that’s going to change overnight.»
When your product deals with repetitive tasks, it’s hard to keep users excited about it. That’s where UI comes into play. In this article, we’ll talk about elements that make an interface more emotional, dig deeper into how they work, and look at apps that use them well.
You might think being mentally tough means ignoring your emotions. It’s actually the opposite.
Perfect for the lonely designer souls thinking KPI’s shouldn’t be your only worry.
Research suggests that emotional intelligence is more vital for success than IQ. Here are several ways to improve it.
You can't control your emotions directly. But you can influence them indirectly by taking responsibility for your attention.
«Emotions are the consequence of how we think.»
The tricky thing about emotional intelligence is that despite being widely agreed to be a positive attribute, experts don’t agree on what it is.
«You may see those traits in yourself, but it can be difficult to scientifically verify whether or not you truly exhibit these characteristics.»
“The emotionally intelligent person knows that they will only ever be mentally healthy in a few areas and at certain moments, but is committed to fathoming their inadequacies and warning othe…
Emotions play a massive role in our life. People are both rational and emotional. And when it comes to digital products, many people want…
Being emotionally intelligent matters most during conflict. And if we master that, it can lead to very good results. Here's how to improve...
I am scared of water.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who uses Refind?
400k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.