- Why Fear & Faith Are Permanent Emotions — Tom Greene
- Even your hands betray your emotions
- How To Design Emotional Interfaces For Boring Apps
- Color, psychology and design
- Designing Emotional UI
What isEmotional Design? Emotional design strives to create products that elicit appropriate emotions, in order to create a positive experience for the user. To do so, designers conside...
When your product deals with repetitive tasks, it’s hard to keep users excited about it. That’s where UI comes into play. In this article, we’ll talk about elements that make an interface more emotional, dig deeper into how they work, and look at apps that use them well.
Perfect for the lonely designer souls thinking KPI’s shouldn’t be your only worry.
Most people think that being rich and famous will make them happy. A lifetime of eternal bliss. An opportunity to finally enjoy the “good life”. The problem with being rich & famous is that it’s still…
«life is full of milestones. Don’t mistake them for the finish line»
If you're trying to hide how you feel about something, be careful with your hands. They can betray your true emotions.
Emotions play a massive role in our life. People are both rational and emotional. And when it comes to digital products, many people want…
Is product design only about how humans interacts with it?
A guide on how to use understandings of emotion and memory as frameworks for creating products that resonate emotionally with your users.
I am scared of water.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who uses Refind?
400k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.