Privacy is important
We only store a minimal amount of data and ask for minimal permissions to provide our service to you.
What data we store
We only store a minimal amount of data. Refind does not have access to your browser history or bookmarks. The data is stored in a Postgres database hosted on Heroku.
What permissions we ask for
We only ask for minimal permissions.
You sign up with your Twitter account. Refind only asks for read permission (thus it cannot post on your behalf). It fetches your profile (name, photo, etc.) and the people you follow on Twitter in order to fill your profile on Refind and to connect you with the same people on Refind.
Optionally, you can also import links from your Tweets.
We have (optional) browser extensions for Chrome, Safari, and Firefox that offer you two features: 1. save links from around the web, 2. optionally integrate with Google.
If you have the (optional, default) setting Google Search turned on, the extension sends your query to Refind in order to highlight links you or your friends saved whenever you search on Google. Learn more
The extensions are disabled in Incognito/Private Mode.
Optionally you can connect Pocket to save the best links you’ve read on Pocket to Refind.
Refind only asks for read permission and your links from Pocket do not get imported automatically: you choose which links you want to import.
- Refind records certain requests and transactions in log files. This log data is used for troubleshooting, statistics, quality assurance, and to monitor system security and can be analyzed to that end. Server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. Refind can publish anonymous statistics under the condition that no personally identifiable information can be derived from such statistics.
Refind only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Refind in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Refind, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- We may share non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third parties to help them understand the usage patterns for certain Refind services.
- We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
- We restrict access to personal information to Refind employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for Refind or provide any personal information about yourself to us. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we take steps to remove that information. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you have any questions regarding this agreement, or if you are aware of any abuse of these terms, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Refind Inc., Rainstrasse 38f, 8808 Pfaeffikon SZ, Switzerland
Company registered in Switzerland under CHE-322.432.450