Lessons on Leadership and Failure
Refind helps you get a little bit smarter every day. The most relevant links for you, every morning in your inbox. Start with this hand-curated series of 9 time-tested articles and videos from around the web, and we’ll take it from there.
Leadership is a critical skill, but difficult to master. Many biographies of "history's greatest leaders" focus on the successful men, or horror stories framed in terms of What Not to Do, but there are a lot of great and terrible leaders whose stories don't make it into the regular discourse. This deep dive will look at 9 men and women from history whose examples teach valuable lessons about leadership — and sometimes, failure.
Eleanor Konik is a history teacher, speculative fiction author, and community leader in the personal knowledge management community. Her free weekly newsletter blends those interests into a single offering: a brief overview of the week's research into obscure history and weird science.
- Sparta Was Much More Than an Army of Super Warriors and 8 other articles and videos
- Average reading time: 10 minutes
- Read or listen to articles
- You want to learn something new and are looking for a good, compact introduction.
- You want to sharpen your skills on something you got into recently.
- You want to catch up on a topic that has been in the news lately.
How does it work?
Deep Dives are carefully hand-curated series of time-tested articles and videos from around the web.
We’ll guide you through, one link per day, every morning in your inbox.
Deep Dives come in bites that are short enough to fit in your day...
...but add up to a satisfying learning experience.