The History of Food
Refind helps you get a little bit smarter every day. The most relevant links for you, every morning in your inbox. Start with this hand-curated series of 11 time-tested articles from around the web from around the web, and we’ll take it from there.
Food is a critical part of human culture and lies at the heart of many of our most cherished traditions. Understanding how culinary habits evolved in a variety of cultures can help us better understand and appreciate our own. This deep dive will expose readers to some of history's bravest scientists, strangest delicacies, and most vital animals.
Eleanor Konik is a history teacher, speculative fiction author, and volunteer moderator in the personal knowledge management community. Her free weekly newsletter blends those interests into a single offering: a brief overview of a week's worth of research into a single topic related to obscure history and weird science.
- Food preservation: How it started and how it became Southern and 10 other articles
- Average reading time: 6 minutes
- Topics covered: health, kitchen, cheese
- Read or listen to articles
- From experts like Mark_Sisson, Lapham’s Quarterly, and more
- You want to learn something new and are looking for a good, compact introduction.
- You want to sharpen your skills on something you got into recently.
- You want to catch up on a topic that has been in the news lately.
How does it work?
Deep Dives are carefully hand-curated series of time-tested articles and videos from around the web.
We’ll guide you through, one link per day, every morning in your inbox.
Deep Dives come in bites that are short enough to fit in your day...
...but add up to a satisfying learning experience.