The strategist's basic toolkit
Refind helps you get a little bit smarter every day. The most relevant links for you, every morning in your inbox. Start with this hand-curated series of 8 time-tested articles from around the web from around the web, and we’ll take it from there.
Starting a business is tough. Running one is a different kind of tough. Succeeding at either in the long run is – as the statistics show – near on impossible. There are so many tools and techniques out there to help you navigate this minefield successfully, that it can be difficult to know who to listen to and what to use when. The best business strategists out there have a kit of these proven tools in their arsenal that they can deploy as needed for the challenge at hand. Here are the ones I keep coming back to time and time again.
Sam Sterling is the Chief Strategy Officer at design and innovation company AKQA. She is a strategist and marketer with a background in competitive strategy and product strategy, obsessed with what it takes to create businesses which enduringly outperform and set the benchmark for all others.
- Why the Lean Start-Up Changes Everything and 7 other articles
- Average reading time: 4 minutes
- Topics covered: startups, innovation, collaboration, moderation, workshops
- Read or listen to articles
- From sites like Harvard Business Review, Hyper Island, Strategyzer, and more
- You want to learn something new and are looking for a good, compact introduction.
- You want to sharpen your skills on something you got into recently.
- You want to catch up on a topic that has been in the news lately.
How does it work?
Deep Dives are carefully hand-curated series of time-tested articles and videos from around the web.
We’ll guide you through, one link per day, every morning in your inbox.
Deep Dives come in bites that are short enough to fit in your day...
...but add up to a satisfying learning experience.
Analyse and create business models with Business Model Canvas (importantly, this is for business models – NOT businesses).