- The 90-Second Rule that Builds Self-Control
- The Dark Side of Self-Control
- The myth of self-control
- Take Ownership of Your Future Self
- My Body Is Not a Temple
Change is inevitable — but it’s not out of your control.
Self-control is all in your head
The key to greater happiness and peace of mind
«90 seconds.” What Is Self-Control? Find»
Resisting short-term temptations can lead to long-term regret.
All the good habits and self-optimization in the world don’t give you real control over your body. Back away from the bread starter.
Psychologists say using willpower to achieve goals is overhyped. Here’s what actually works.
Jerry Saltz on eating and coping mechanisms, childhood and self-control, criticism, love, cancer and pandemics.
The same part of the brain that allows us to step into the shoes of others also helps us restrain ourselves.
Aeon is a magazine of ideas and culture. Psyche is our sister magazine focused on the human condition. Visit http://aeon.co and http://psyche.co for more.
Sharing and publishing the best longform stories since 2009. An @automattic publication and the sister site of @Atavist. @firstname.lastname@example.org
Understand the news. Support Vox with a contribution: http://vox.com/give-now
Insight about everybody's favorite subject: Ourselves.
Global news and insights for a new generation of business leaders. Sign up for Quartz Daily Brief 👉http://qz.com/emails/
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets 5 links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, add to reading list, save to «Made me smarter», «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Which sources does Refind monitor on self-control?
We monitor hundreds of sources on self-control, including Aeon+Psyche, Longreads, Vox, Psychology Today, Quartz, and many more.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
100k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.