Becoming a Generalist
Refind helps you get a little bit smarter every day. The most relevant links for you, every morning in your inbox. Start with this hand-curated series of 10 time-tested articles from around the web from around the web, and we’ll take it from there.
Though generalism is sometimes derided as being the pursuit of broad, superficial knowledge, it's often a means of cultivating multiple passions, building flexible competencies, and exposing oneself to endless realms of inquiry rather than relegating oneself to a single path. Generalism—as an approach to learning and to life—can help us think more malleably, imagine more bravely, and construct a more expansive and adaptable sense of ourselves, the world, and reality.
Colin Wright has published a few dozen books, regularly speaks to crowds of fifteen and communities of five-thousand on a variety of topics, hosts the Let's Know Things and Brain Lenses podcasts, and writes the One Sentence News and Aspiring Generalist newsletters.
- Fluid & Crystallized Intelligence and 9 other articles
- Average reading time: 5 minutes
- Topics covered: psychology, business, design, leadership, productivity
- Includes summaries
- Read or listen to articles
- From sites like Ness Labs, The New Republic, Catapult, and more
- You want to learn something new and are looking for a good, compact introduction.
- You want to sharpen your skills on something you got into recently.
- You want to catch up on a topic that has been in the news lately.
How does it work?
Deep Dives are carefully hand-curated series of time-tested articles and videos from around the web.
We’ll guide you through, one link per day, every morning in your inbox.
Deep Dives come in bites that are short enough to fit in your day...
...but add up to a satisfying learning experience.