Colors for Visualizing Data
Take a deep dive into Colors for Visualizing Data with this hand-curated series of 10 time-tested articles from around the web. We’ll guide you through, one link per day, in the app or in your inbox.
If you care about visualizing data, you'll eventually care about colors. They can make your visualization more attractive and engaging – or boring and dull. What do we need colors in data vis for? How to pick beautiful ones? How to keep them accessible – and how to use them to communicate your data in a truthful way? Join me for ten links (including 1.5 exercises) to find out.
Lisa Charlotte Rost is one of the foremost experts on data visualization design. She is a designer & blogger at Datawrapper, a charting tool based in Berlin. Before joining Datawrapper in 2017, she created data visualizations for newsrooms like Bloomberg, Tagesspiegel, SPIEGEL, NPR and ZEIT Online.
- How to pick more beautiful colors and 9 other articles
- Average reading time: 6 minutes
- Topics covered: colors, design, visual design, knowledge, chart
- Read or listen to articles
- From experts like Andy Kirk, Susie Lu, Gregor Aisch, and more
- You want to learn something new and are looking for a good, compact introduction.
- You want to sharpen your skills on something you got into recently.
- You want to catch up on a topic that has been in the news lately.
How does it work?
Deep Dives are carefully hand-curated series of time-tested articles and videos from around the web.
We’ll guide you through, one link per day, in the app or in your inbox.
Deep Dives come in bites that are short enough to fit in your day...
...but add up to a satisfying learning experience.