Refind helps you get a little bit smarter every day. The most relevant links for you, every morning in your inbox. Start with this hand-curated series of 10 time-tested articles from around the web from around the web, and we’ll take it from there.
Explorable Explanations are interactive articles that lend elements from gamification and storytelling to explain complex issues and educate users in an interactive way. Take a deep dive into some engaging examples and learn about the techniques behind this novel way of publishing and explaining.
Maarten Lambrechts (@maartenzam) is a data visualisation consultant based in Belgium. He knows his way around web development and (data) journalism and has a scientific background: 3 ingredients of many explorable explanations. He created the @explorables Twitter account, and built Rock 'n Poll, an explorable explanation about political polling.
- Why outbreaks like coronavirus spread exponentially, and how to “flatten… and 9 other articles
- Average reading time: 9 minutes
- Topics covered: learning, coronavirus, interactive, mathematics, dataviz
- Read or listen to articles
- From experts like Bret Victor, Nicky Case may soon quit birdsite for elephantsite, and more
- You want to learn something new and are looking for a good, compact introduction.
- You want to sharpen your skills on something you got into recently.
- You want to catch up on a topic that has been in the news lately.
How does it work?
Deep Dives are carefully hand-curated series of time-tested articles and videos from around the web.
We’ll guide you through, one link per day, every morning in your inbox.
Deep Dives come in bites that are short enough to fit in your day...
...but add up to a satisfying learning experience.