- Startup Playbook
- How to Design a Better Pitch Deck
- Announcing the YC Startup Library
- Reflecting on YC, 2 years on
- 5 Critical and Company-Altering Learnings from B2B Startups with Y Combinator Managing Director of YC Continuity Anu…
The following is an adaption of a presentation I give to YC startups before we have them create their presentation slide decks for Demo Day. Here’s how to make a solid Demo Day slide deck. The thing to remember is that you already have everything you need to create a great presentation. There are
YCombinator (YC) is seen as the world's best, and most prolific, three-month accelerator program. Upwards of 7,000 founders have taken part. Yet, no…
Anu Hariharan works with hundreds of startups annually as Managing Director at Y Combinator. Through experience, she explains five company-altering
We’re excited to announce the launch of the YC Startup Library, found at ycombinator.com/library. Over the last 15 years, YC has invested in and worked with more than 2,000 companies, and we’ve seen…
Y Combinator's Winter 2023 batch had a lot of themes, but perhaps the strongest was startups saying "AI can do that! Probably. Maybe."
I’ve written much over the years about the incredible success of Y Combinator startups, but as any experienced startup founder or investor…
Written by Sam Altman · Illustrated by Gregory Koberger · Spanish translationWe spend a lot of time advising startups. Though one-on-one advice will always be crucial, we thought it might help us…
YC founders respond to the question: What are some things that you should've known as a first-time founder but did not?
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who uses Refind?
300k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.