- How I Knew It Was Emotional Abuse: The Subtle Signs I Almost Missed
- How to Deal With Your Childhood Trauma As an Adult
- The Case Against the Trauma Plot
- Trees don’t rush to heal from trauma and neither should we
- Trauma and Forgetting
Recovering from childhood adversity is no easy feat—but these strategies can help.
Sometimes it's hard to see the subtle signs of emotional abuse when you're dealing with them. Here's what it looked like for me.
«cognitive dissonance is when your heart needs time to catch up to what the mind already knows.»
Many believe their mental illness is solely the result of a chemical imbalance, but often trauma is the root cause.
Traumatic experiences can have lasting effects. Fortunately, there are coping strategies and resilience-building techniques that can lessen the effects of trauma. These resources offer a few ideas to…
Trees teach us that healing from trauma involves balancing short-term protection with the slower process of adaptation
The word ‘trauma’ — meaning a terrible event we live through that cannot be remembered but which generates painful related symptoms — captures an acute paradox in our relationship to our own…
Fiction writers love it. Filmmakers can’t resist it. But does this trope deepen characters, or flatten them into a set of symptoms?
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
400k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.