Everything you need to know to get started.
Only you can see who viewed your profile, but if you turn on the feature, then you're also consenting to let other people see that you've viewed their profile.
TikTok is one of Gen-Z's favorite apps. But less tech-savvy marketers can find it hard to navigate. Here's how to use it and publish your first post.
Learn how to create TikTok video and find business examples to inspire you to use TikTok in your own marketing.
So you want to be an artist. Do you have to start a TikTok?
A permanent split with Chinese apps was less disruptive than many expected.
For another year in a row, TikTok has found itself as the social app kids and teens are spending the most time using throughout the day, even outpacing YouTube. According to an ongoing annual review…
TikTok is a national security threat.
TikTok announced a one-hour daily limit for users under 18, but authorities in China have pushed the domestic version, Douyin, much further.
The app has shed much-needed light on the condition, but many of the videos are also misleading.
«Girls with ADHD, who tend to be more forgetful or disorganized than hyperactive, often aren’t diagnosed until later on in life, studies suggest»
Or how, exactly, platforms die.
A weapon of mass distraction
The new internet cold war is all about lying to ourselves.
NEXT POST: Part II of my thoughts on TikTok, on how the app design is informed by its algorithm and vice versa in a virtuous circle.
Today you will learn how TikTok onboards new customers, creates habit loops, drives our behavior, and hooks us up to keep using the app.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
450k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.
Get the big picture on your favorite topics.