The Best of Andy Crestodina
The most popular Andy Crestodina articles, as voted by our community.
Speaker, content marketer, co-founder of Orbit Media (@orbiteers) and author of Content Chemistry: https://www.orbitmedia.com/about/content-chemistry/
Andy Crestodina on Blogging
Blogging Statistics and Trends: The 2018 Survey of 1000+ Bloggers
We’ve asked 1000 bloggers to tell us how they do it. How long is a typical blog post? What does it include? How is it promoted? Here is the complete report of blogging statistics, trends and insights, showing what bloggers are doing and what works now.
Andy Crestodina on SEO
How to Improve Your Personal SEO: 5 Tips for Personal Branding within Search Results
A personal SEO guide plus 5 tips for managing the search results page for your personal brand.
Andy Crestodina on Thought Leadership
What is Thought Leadership Marketing? A New Definition for Marketers Based on Research
What is thought leadership? Here's our research-based answers after asking 481 marketers about thought leadership.
Andy Crestodina on Youtube Marketing
Youtube Content Strategy - Results on Traffic and Rankings
Dos annding YouTube to your content strategy get results? Here are the results of adding YouTube to an existing content strategy
What is Refind?
Every day Refind picks 5 links from around the web that make you smarter, tailored to your interests. is one of more than 10k sources we monitor.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets 5 links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, add to reading list, save to «Made me smarter», «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
200k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.