A Path to Well-Being: Get to Know Your Neurotransmitters
In honor of Mental Health Awareness Month, learn about the brain chemicals that affect mood and how to make them work for you.
«When we get caught up in anxiety, for example, serotonin and dopamine drop, and stress hormones such as adrenaline and cortisol spike»
More from shonda rhimes
Fake It Till You Make It: Good Advice or a Setup for Failure?
Imitating confidence, competency, and drive may work for some, but what are the long-term professional implications?
How to Weather Difficult Times
In “Wintering,” Katherine May offers advice on how to get through challenging periods in life.
«ic. Wintering: The Power of Rest and Retreat in Difficult Tim»
How to Rekindle a Friendship After Years Apart
Friendships are love stories too. Here are tales of friends who reunited after years apart.
Emotional Ink: Reconstructive Tattoos Offer a Sense of Wholeness
The art of designing lost body parts — from nails to nipples — provides profound fulfillment to both the creators and recipients.
What is Refind?
Every day Refind picks 5 links from around the web for every user, tailored to the user’s interests. Picking only a handful of links means focusing on what’s relevant and useful. We favor timeless pieces—links with long shelf-lives, articles that are still relevant one month, one year, or even ten years from now. These lists of the best resources on any topic are the result of years of careful curation.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets 5 links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, add to reading list, save to «Made me smarter», «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
200k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.