- The Best Approach to Self-Care: How to Attend to Your Unmet Needs
- Integration of psychedelic experiences linked to self-actualization via improvements in personal development and self-insight
- Understanding Maslow's Theory of Self-Actualization
- The Case Against Self-Actualization
- What is Self-Actualization? A Psychologist's Definition [+Examples]
This article discusses self-actualization, where self-actualization research stands today, and why self-actualization is important.
“I think of learning as unobstructed self-expression.”— Josh Waitzkin Josh Waitzkin, author of The Art of Learning: An Inner Journey to Optimal Performance, is an eight-time US National…
I’d like to share with you my new approach to self-care that aims to satisfy our deepest needs rather than providing short-lived comfort.
«Taking the time to make a life inventory, identify our unfulfilled needs, and then take action to satisfy them—that’s proper self-care.»
New research suggests that improvements in personal development and self-insight act as a pathway between post-psychedelic integration practices and optimal well-being. The study, which appears in the…
How individualism has cultivated a "me" approach to living.
The most innovative people persist in the face of doubt and rejection by others.
Maslow's theory of self-actualization is the idea that individuals are motivated to fulfill their potential in life.
Self-actualization constitutes a vision for humanity and should be treated as such.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who uses Refind?
300k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.