In the age of Instagram and back-to-back meetings, it’s hard to achieve “deep work.” Here are 10 steps to get into a work flow and stay in it.
Journalist Steven Kotler offers tips for how to reach a psychological flow state, granting peak mental performance.
«Curiosity can lead you to become passionate about something, which can in turn drive that thing to give you purpose. The activity itself becomes fulfilling. It is the means and the end.»
An expert who's studied the art and science of focusing shares her go-to strategies.
«47 seconds as the average 21st-century attention span on a screen»
Learn how you can use the 2-Minute Rule, recommended by several productivity experts, to finally beat procrastination.
These actionable tips for how to improve concentration will help you get to the root of what's distracting you and reclaim your focus
If you get into the zone on distraction-free work, you can even be more fulfilled.
«Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World»
A review of Deep Work by Cal Newport.
«say goodbye to multitasking. It doesn’t work.»
Based on Cal Newport's book Deep Work, this comprehensive summary and guide teaches you to harness focus, ditch distractions, and improve your productivity.
Based on Cal Newport's book, Deep Work, this comprehensive guide will teach you to harness your focus, ditch distractions, and improve your productivity.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who uses Refind?
450k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.
Get the big picture on your favorite topics.