The Best of Joanna Wiebe
The most popular Joanna Wiebe articles, as voted by our community.
The original conversion copywriter and creator of Copyhackers. Old-school copywriting for new-school copywriters.
Joanna Wiebe on Copywriting
Copywriting formulas (don't write from scratch!)
Copywriting formulas make it dead-simple to write anything. Read & understand 200+ models for great advertising headlines, tweets, pages, posts & more.
To measure the copy you write, use this graphic
Stop throwing your copy on the page willy-nilly and then wondering what's wrong with it. See how to measure your copy - and fix it. (Infographic)
Joanna Wiebe on Email Marketing
We did these 7 things to a SaaS onboarding email sequence, and it tripled paid conversions
This case study breaks down how we optimized SaaS onboarding emails for Wistia. The result: A 350% lift in paid conversions. Includes examples.
What is Refind?
Every day Refind picks 5 links from around the web that make you smarter, tailored to your interests. is one of more than 10k sources we monitor.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets 5 links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, add to reading list, save to «Made me smarter», «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who uses Refind?
200k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.