We found the best tool for building chat bots
How do I get started building a bot? What tool do you recommend? These are two of the most common questions we get, and for a long time, we didn’t have a solid answer. What Quartz has built until n…
More from Quartz
How to prepare for a future in which creativity is a workforce survival skill
We need to apply new thinking to education, retraining, and workplace tools if we want to maximize creativity.
Most popular personal finance advice contradicts economic theory
Personal-finance experts and economists tend to offer different advice on issues like saving, retirement, and paying down debt.
«Why does personal finance advice so frequently depart from economic theory? The paper suggests the former group tends to take psychology into account, while the latter is operating in a purely rational world.»
Manchin’s clean energy deal is a game-changer for ESG
ESG investment finally has a chance to move beyond politics.
Google’s former happiness guru developed a three-second brain exercise for finding joy
Happiness is habit-forming.
«Thin slices of joy occur in life everywhere… and once you start noticing it, something happens, you find it’s always there.»
India is set to surpass China in 2023 as the world’s most populous nation
By 2050, India is projected to have 1.668 billion people, according to a UN report.
What is Refind?
Every day Refind picks 5 links from around the web for every user, tailored to the user’s interests. Picking only a handful of links means focusing on what’s relevant and useful. We favor timeless pieces—links with long shelf-lives, articles that are still relevant one month, one year, or even ten years from now. These lists of the best resources on any topic are the result of years of careful curation.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets 5 links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, add to reading list, save to «Made me smarter», «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
200k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.