Jason Christian visits George Orwell’s birthplace in India....
India, with its diverse landscapes and rich cultural heritage, is home to some of the most stunning coastal towns that offer a perfect blend of beauty, history, and local culture. From the sandy…
A self-proclaimed pickle enthusiast explores India’s familial pickle-making traditions, which stretch back generations.
Claiming wisdom based on the Bhagavad Gita, the bots frequently go way off script.
India's culinary tapestry is woven with vibrant flavors and regional diversity, and at the heart of its winter cuisine lies the exquisite array of Saag recipes. Saag, a term used for various leafy…
From food to gadgets to sports, explore how the business empire of one of the world’s richest men touches the everyday lives of millions in India.
As the state’s solutions to pollution fail, the need for expensive air purifiers is driving a new kind of inequality.
The world has a new largest country, and it's on the move.
How IIT school degrees became a fast track to tech royalty.
India’s ruling party claims that the consumption of beef is practiced only by foreigners, invaders, and miscreants—but history tells another, more complex tale.
Palaces, peacocks, tigers, and jewels: few places have the power to bewitch children quite like Rajasthan, in northwestern India.
The Story of the Nation State in Five Biscuits. Words by Sharanya Deepak; Illustrations by Reena Makwana
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
450k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.
Get the big picture on your favorite topics.