The Best of Thoughtworks
The most popular Thoughtworks articles, as voted by our community.
We are a tech consultancy whose mission is to create an extraordinary impact on the world through our culture and technology excellence.
Thoughtworks on Design Thinking
Understanding how Design Thinking, Lean and Agile Work Together
The ideas of agile are great. It’s the way it has been codified into rituals and certifications and rolled out mindlessly that misses the point. When people talk about Lean, the conversation often…
Thoughtworks on Software Engineering
Being an Introverted Leader
Shared by 3335, including Stephanie A Kowalski
«Consistency in helping other people in small acts build up to be more powerful than punctual spotlights on specific occasions.»
Thoughtworks on Storytelling
The 22 Rules of UX
Pixar’s 22 rules of storytelling adapted for UX — because both are about creating great experiences.
What is Refind?
Every day Refind picks 5 links from around the web that make you smarter, tailored to your interests. is one of more than 10k sources we monitor.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets 5 links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, add to reading list, save to «Made me smarter», «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who uses Refind?
200k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.