The Best of Daily Stoic
5 most popular Daily Stoic articles, as voted by our community.
Stoic wisdom for everyday life. Sign up for our daily newsletter:
Daily Stoic on Anger Management
Anger Management: 8 Strategies Backed By Two Thousand Years of Practice
For as long as there have been people, there have been people trying to get a handle on their anger problems. Below are some tried and tested strategies for taming your temper from the Stoics
Daily Stoic on Fitness
CrossFit Athlete Brooke Wells on Training The Mind and Reaching Your Potential
Apple Podcasts • Spotify • Overcast Ryan reads today’s daily meditation and talks to Professional CrossFit Athlete Brooke Wells about getting better not just physically but mentally, how she finds…
Daily Stoic on Mental Strength
Ultramarathon Runner Courtney Dauwalter on Building Mental Strength
Apple Podcasts • Spotify • Overcast
Daily Stoic on Philosophy
12 (Stoic) Rules For Life: An Ancient Guide to the Good Life
It’d be wonderful if life never tempted you, if you could just go day-to-day, winging it and always do right. But that’s not how the world is. That’s not who you are. If left to our own devices, with…
«The single most important practice in Stoic philosophy is differentiating between what we can change and what we can’t. What we have influence over and what we do not.»
Daily Stoic on Psychology
How To Cure Anxiety: 9 Stoic Techniques That Work
“We suffer more from imagination than from reality.” — Seneca The 21st century has been described as “The Age of Anxiety,” “The United States of Stress,” “The World of Worry.” The implication is that…
What is Refind?
Every day Refind picks 5 links from around the web that make you smarter, tailored to your interests. is one of more than 10k sources we monitor.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets 5 links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, add to reading list, save to «Made me smarter», «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who uses Refind?
200k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.