The Best of THE COMICS JOURNAL
The most popular THE COMICS JOURNAL articles, as voted by our community.
The Magazine of Comics Journalism, Criticism and History https://linktr.ee/the_comics_journal_
THE COMICS JOURNAL on Mythology
“My Love Of Mythology Never Really Ebbed Or Waned”: George O’Connor on Olympians and Beyond
Gina Gagliano chats with one of the most prolific talents in 21st century children's and young adult comics for the bookstore market: George O'Connor, who recently completed a 12-volumes-in-12-years…
These are some all-time favorites with Refind users.
The Tim Sale Interview
In this 2008 interview from TCJ #291, Joseph McCabe talked to Tim Sale about the latter's art for Batman: The Long Halloween, drawing the Marvel "Color" series (although he's colorblind), providing…
The George Pérez Interview
In this September 1982 interview, Perez talks about working on the Teen Titans and his ambition to draw all of the Marvel and DC characters.
What is Refind?
Every day Refind picks 5 links from around the web that make you smarter, tailored to your interests. is one of more than 10k sources we monitor.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets 5 links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, add to reading list, save to «Made me smarter», «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
200k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.