Adding these 50 foods to your diet could help with weight loss
Weight loss is a concern for many, and it’s a complex issue that requires a lot more than just doing the right workouts. Plenty of research has been done into different kinds of diets and the effects…
More from Chicago Tribune
Chicago Marathon: Runners set records in the 44th annual race as spectators cheer and smile along the…
The Chicago Marathon this year included racers in the marathon’s first nonbinary division.
Benny the Bull has accompanied a mayor to China, topped a Forbes list and been arrested at…
This is a profile of Benny the Bull, arguably the most popular mascot in professional sports, and, now at 50, one of the oldest mascots in organized sports. This is the story of how Benny was created,…
Taylor Swift addresses Ticketmaster fiasco: ‘excruciating for me to just watch mistakes happen’
Delays, skyrocketing prices and outright cancellations of ticket sales have turned the ticket-buying process for Swift’s highly anticipated tour into chaos.
Surprising connections between sleep and weight loss
In theory, achieving a healthy weight should be pretty easy, right? Just eat fewer calories and work out regularly to burn fat and build muscle. But, as we know, there are a variety of factors that…
Gangsters & Grifters
The Chicago Tribune is proud to share our new book "Gangsters & Grifters," a collection of vintage Chicago crime images. From our massive archive of 4x5 glass-plate and acetate negatives, we bring you…
What is Refind?
Every day Refind picks 5 links from around the web for every user, tailored to the user’s interests. Picking only a handful of links means focusing on what’s relevant and useful. We favor timeless pieces—links with long shelf-lives, articles that are still relevant one month, one year, or even ten years from now. These lists of the best resources on any topic are the result of years of careful curation.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets 5 links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, add to reading list, save to «Made me smarter», «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
200k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.