A beginner's guide to the metaverse (and making money in it)
Why has the metaverse become such a hot buzzword? Is it completely overhyped? What IS it, really? We answer your questions.
More from Sifted
The European longevity startups hacking the ageing process
Longevity is an up-and-coming area for venture capital. Sifted lists 13 European startups trying to slow down or stop our rate of ageing.
What it's like to fundraise while pregnant — six founders share their stories
Female founders already have the odds stacked against them — so how hard is running a startup when you're pregnant? We asked founders who've been there what to expect when you’re expecting.
How Europe can dominate the next decade of tech
Europe is tech underdog now, but it can leverage its expertise in frontier tech, powerful institutions and ability to attract talent to win the next decade.
European startups to watch in 2021
Europe’s startup scene is often overshadowed by Silicon Valley, but the continent is gaining ground with more than 60 tech startups valued at over $1bn.
What is Refind?
Every day Refind picks the most relevant links from around the web for you. Picking only a handful of links means focusing on what’s relevant and useful. We favor timeless pieces—links with long shelf-lives, articles that are still relevant one month, one year, or even ten years from now. These lists of the best resources on any topic are the result of years of careful curation.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who uses Refind?
200k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.