- Inside Patreon, the economic engine of internet culture
- No one makes a living on Patreon
- The Future of Crowdfunding Creative Projects
- Kickstarter Will Move Its Crowdfunding Platform to Blockchain
- Can Crowdfunding Work for Your Company?
We’re announcing our commitment to a more open, collaborative, and decentralized future. As a first step, we’re supporting the development of an open source protocol that will essentially create a…
Bloomberg connects decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. Read this story on Bloomberg.
If you’ve wondered how to set up a crowdfunding campaign for a passion project, here are some tips for building a successful one.
With the fundraising climate now showing cloudy skies, equity crowdfunding is getting ready for a field day.
You may want to consider crowdfunding if venture capital and private equity are not suiting your business's financial needs.
In 2013, Peter Hollens was an aspiring a cappella singer surviving, in his words, by living on ramen in someone else’s house. Hollens was hardly new to the music business; he’d been a record...
Who is really benefiting from the crowdfunding site for artists?
The crowdfunding landscape looks much different now than it did a decade ago, before Kickstarter opened the floodgates in 2009. Only then did the practice really take off, and other crowdfunding p...
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
300k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.