Silicon Valley is no longer the edgy tech frontier as workers flee Google and Amazon for crypto…
Shared by 37, including Hugh Howey, Fawzi A. Baba-Ali, Jeremiah Owyang, Richard MacManus, LARRY ELKAN
More from Insider Business
How to build wealth from real estate investing, according to 4 couples and individuals who have done…
Insider compiled a list of stories about couples and individuals who have used real estate as a tool to build long-term wealth.
The professor behind Yale's most popular course ever, The Science of Well-Being, tells us how to be…
The professor's Coursera class, which tackles the topic of the psychology of personal happiness, drew 2.2 million people to enroll online.
«there's lots of research suggesting that anytime we do things where we're more present, we enjoy that activity more»
5 things mentally strong people don't do
Develop mental strength, conquer hurdles, and ditch your fears with some key tips from "13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do."
Nearly half of Gen Z is using TikTok and Instagram for search instead of Google, according to…
A Google executive said the company's data shows TikTok and Instagram are a threat to Google Search with Gen Z, and Google is working to keep up.
What is Refind?
Every day Refind picks 5 links from around the web for every user, tailored to the user’s interests. Picking only a handful of links means focusing on what’s relevant and useful. We favor timeless pieces—links with long shelf-lives, articles that are still relevant one month, one year, or even ten years from now. These lists of the best resources on any topic are the result of years of careful curation.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets 5 links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, add to reading list, save to «Made me smarter», «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
200k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.