- Listen to This Circle Guitar, Which has Mechanically Activated Strings
- Why my guitar gently weeps
- Watch Now: World's best air guitarists battle for the world championship in Finland
- How To: Tune a Guitar
- Eddie Van Halen Dead at 65: How the Rock Legend Hacked His Guitar
An interactive audio guide with guitars and a little music theory.
The world's best faux guitarists gathered in Oulu, Finland for the World Air Guitar Championships.
In addition to running his own design firm, Studio Make Believe, UK-based product designer Anthony Dickens invented this unique Circle Guitar. Listen to the sound it makes: "We built Circle Guitar to…
The legend, who passed away today, didn't just transform the guitar forever—he even patented his game-changing innovations. Here's how he redefined rock and roll, in his own words.
This post is for anyone who has thought about picking up the guitar but hasn't yet. For those of you who aren't musicians, becoming one is both more fun and easier than you imagine. I'm writing this…
In the last decade, electric guitar sales have plummeted. But why?
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
300k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.