Phaidon's forthcoming 1000 Design Classics really should be called 1000 Industrial Design Classics, as nearly everything in it was mass-produced, but I'll be grateful the book exists rather than…
In addition to running his own design firm, Studio Make Believe, UK-based product designer Anthony Dickens invented this unique Circle Guitar. Listen to the sound it makes: "We built Circle Guitar to…
Shared by 17
For furniture designers, color is primarily about aesthetics; the designer chooses colors they like, or that they feel will have market appeal. But the designers at HomePro, a Thailand-based retailer…
Tony Holmsten's one-off sketch gains the attention of a science enthusiast
Bananas used to be super rare in South Korea, which just doesn't have the climate to grow them. It wasn't until shipping links were set up with a Dole plantation in the appropriately hot Philippines…
Why is this shaped like this? Let's talk about two things that used to not go together: Japan and butter. Like other East Asian cultures, butter was never a part of the traditional Japanese diet, and…
No eyeglass fogging and a great seal, with minimal materials
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets 5 links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, add to reading list, save to «Made me smarter», «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who uses Refind?
100k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.