- Sound – Bartosz Ciechanowski
- 14 Fun Facts About Roller Coasters
- 14 Fun Facts About Fireworks
- 14 Fun Facts About Fireflies
- 7 fun facts about sweat
Pumpkin season has officially begun! Skunk Bear teaches us some fun facts about America's favorite decorative gourd.
For starters, one of the oldest coasters in America carried coal before it carried passengers
Fact number 3: In some places at some times, fireflies synchronize their flashing
Number three: Fireworks are just chemical reactions
Perspiration can be a stinky nuisance as temperatures climb, but scientists say we shouldn't sell sweat short. There's so much more to the briny stuff than meets the eye.
We’ve rounded up a few fun facts about the legendary Jane Goodall.
Interactive article explaining how sound works.
Official Twitter feed for Smithsonian magazine. @ replies may be reprinted in the magazine. Legal: http://si.edu/Termsofuse
The original tweeters. Audubon protects birds and the places they need, today and tomorrow.
Everything you need to know about the worlds of TV, movies, books, sci-fi, fantasy, and more. This is your one-stop shop for all things nerd.
TED is a nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas. 🔴 Get TED ideas delivered straight to your inbox — sign up for a TED newsletter today: http://t.ted.com/mnZ3Z9A
News. Arts & Life. Music & more. This is NPR. 🕵️ Securely send us news tips: http://securedrop.npr.org
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets 5 links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, add to reading list, save to «Made me smarter», «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Which sources does Refind monitor on fun facts?
We monitor hundreds of sources on fun facts, including Smithsonian Magazine, Audubon Society, Nerdist, TED Talks, NPR, and many more.
Who uses Refind?
100k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating. Learn more
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com