The Best of Wirecutter
The most popular Wirecutter articles, as voted by our community.
Reviews for the real world. If you buy our editorially chosen picks we may earn an affiliate commission. Sign up for our newsletters 👇
Wirecutter on Board Games
Our Favorite Board Games for Adults
We spent 54 hours researching 115 board games. Here are our picks for new gamers, more-advanced players, and party, cooperative, and two-player games.
Wirecutter on Pets
What to Buy: How to Keep Pets From Destroying Your Stuff
If your pet tears, chews, or pees on your stuff, these tips can help you keep your gear like new.
Wirecutter on Raspberry Pi
Why We Love the Raspberry Pi
We love the Raspberry Pi because it’s a tiny $35 computer you can use for almost anything, and because it’s a fun way to teach yourself more about technology.
These are some all-time favorites with Refind users.
How Wirecutter Staffers Spark Joy Working From Home
These are the tried-and-true strategies of our experienced work-from-home team to make working from home suck less.
What is Refind?
Every day Refind picks 5 links from around the web that make you smarter, tailored to your interests. is one of more than 10k sources we monitor.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets 5 links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, add to reading list, save to «Made me smarter», «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who uses Refind?
200k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.