The Best of The Irish Times
7 most popular The Irish Times articles, as voted by our community.
Diverse opinion, thorough reporting and outstanding writing from http://irishtimes.com, plus RTs of our journalists. Customer service team is @IrishTimesHelp.
The Irish Times on Greta Thunberg
Why is Greta Thunberg so triggering for certain men?
How can a 16-year-old girl in plaits, dedicated to trying to save the planet, inspire such incandescent rage?
The Irish Times on Justice
The life and tragic death of Trinity graduate and writer Sophie Hingst
The 31-year-old German blogger had denied claims that she invented 22 Holocaust victims in her family
These are some all-time favorites with Refind users.
Harry and Meghan: The union of two great houses, the Windsors and the Celebrities, is complete
Patrick Freyne: After Harry and Meghan, the monarchy looks archaic and racist. Well duh
«Only one of those things has a future, and it’s the one with the Netflix deal.»
Fintan O’Toole: Trial runs for fascism are in full flow
Babies in cages were no ‘mistake’ by Trump but test-marketing for barbarism
‘Crisis’ in Japan as wasabi ‘at risk of disappearing’
After years of environmental negligence, the crop is in danger of vanishing from our plates
Fintan O’Toole: 'Cop26 is not a chance for global leaders to make history. It is much bigger'
This is a unique opportunity to reshape humanity’s relationship to the natural world
In 1973, I invented a ‘girly drink’ called Baileys
We got £3,000 all-in for the creation of the world’s most successful cream liqueur
What is Refind?
Every day Refind picks 5 links from around the web that make you smarter, tailored to your interests. is one of more than 10k sources we monitor.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets 5 links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, add to reading list, save to «Made me smarter», «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
200k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.