The Best of AIGA
8 most popular AIGA articles, as voted by our community.
The professional association for design. Together, we can do amazing things.
AIGA on Fashion
How Heart-Shaped Frames Became a Symbol of Reclaimed Femininity and a Non-binary Fashion Staple
Joey Donatelli slides their glasses off and proudly holds them in front of the camera, as though bestowing an all-powerful gift. Donatelli is wearing a stone-washed Space Jam T-Shirt (the original…
AIGA on Visual Design
Today’s Design Is Shaped by Likes. And That’s a Problem
Design has become intertwined with the most harmful dynamics of the social web
What Made Bob Gill So Brilliant?
In the vast, ever-expanding canon of graphic design publishing, one title stands in a league of its own. Forget All the Rules You Ever Learned About Graphic Design—Including the Ones in This Book is…
«Its core tenet proclaims how redefining a design problem to make a unique statement leads to a unique solution.»
These are some all-time favorites with Refind users.
The Era of Rebellious Web Design Is Here
Shared by 1105, including Katja Evertz, Stephanie A Kowalski, Tim Holman, Colin Wright
We Spoke With the Last Person Standing in the Floppy Disk Business
Shared by 398, including Esther Schindler, Walter Hickey, Cyril Coste #DigitalTransformation, Axel Rauschmayer (INACTIVE), Stef Walter @UXLx Lisbon
Here’s a Thought: What if Letterforms Had More Serifs?
Shared by 330
Creative Director and Teacher Forest Young on Designing a More Inclusive Future
Shared by 146
When Did Generic Grocery Brands Get So Good Looking?
Imagine, if you will, that you’re in a grocery aisle looking for flour. Your eyes scan bags upon bags for something familiar, but the brand you normally buy is out of stock. There’s this other one,…
What is Refind?
Every day Refind picks the most relevant links from around the web for you. is one of more than 10k sources we monitor.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
200k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.