Once haunted and pale, Lionel Messi looks comfortable, unburdened and happy as he stands of the verge of... what exactly?
Players, coaches and analysts explain how the standalone slap shot, once so signature to hockey, has become a fossil.
The 1987 Salt Lake City Trappers were MLB rejects. Their 29-game winning streak remains the longest in American pro baseball history.
There was a Phoenix Suns Gorilla before the one who dunked.
Follow our live coverage of NBA Draft 2022. Are you watching the NBA Finals? Are you watching them and thinking about what they might mean for this year’s draft? We’re in a little bit of a weird…
The most profound comment I’ve ever heard in 25 years covering college football came from Greg Schiano. “There are two things every man in America thinks he can do,” the Rutgers coach once told me.…
Follow our NBA Free Agency live blog. The Kevin Durant era appears to be over in Brooklyn. Sources told The Athletic’s Shams Charania that the Nets’ franchise player has requested a trade from the…
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets 5 links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, add to reading list, save to «Made me smarter», «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who uses Refind?
100k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.