The Best of The Straits Times
6 most popular The Straits Times articles, as voted by our community.
Stay in the know with the latest news from Singapore and around the world. Breaking news | Exclusives | Opinion Follow on Telegram: http://t.me/TheStraitsTimes
The Straits Times on Climate Crisis
Antarctic ice melt could disrupt the world’s oceans: Study
A collapse of the Antarctic overturning circulation could disrupt the world's weather and starve marine ecosystems of nutrients. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Monster iceberg released 'billions of tonnes' of fresh water into ocean
It raises questions for scientists over the impact on the marine ecosystem. Read more at straitstimes.com.
The Straits Times on Outdoors
In Pictures: Professional base jumpers leap off the Kuala Lumpur Tower
The KL Tower International Jump Malaysia is an annual affair that draws daredevils from around the world. Read more at straitstimes.com.
The Straits Times on Travel
On The Road: Wild, wild Western Australia with the family
KALBARRI AND SHARK BAY, AUSTRALIA - Peering over the precipice, I tune my ear to the sound of birdsong as the jade snake of the Murchison River winds its way through the gorge 100m below. Read more at…
These are some all-time favorites with Refind users.
Robots that move goods from loading bays to shops among features at new Punggol neighbourhood centre
Visitors can use their phones to browse the offerings while shopkeepers can use robots to deliver their goods from loading bays. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Can smartphones replace professional cameras?
At The Straits Times, photojournalists continue to use professional digital cameras, but are increasingly using their phone cameras for a variety of reasons.
What is Refind?
Every day Refind picks the most relevant links from around the web for you. is one of more than 10k sources we monitor.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who uses Refind?
200k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.