Refind helps you get a little bit smarter every day. The most relevant links for you, every morning in your inbox. Start with this hand-curated series of 10 time-tested articles and videos from around the web from around the web, and we’ll take it from there.
Game design techniques are widely used for entertainment, but what if they can also help people better understand and explore what is happening in the world right now? That’s the mission of newsgames, a small but growing movement in digital journalism to find new ways for people to interact with the news.
This deep dive will introduce you to newsgames and their unique role in journalism, and delve into the theories and techniques needed to create them. Beyond newsgames, the lessons within have a wide application for interaction design.
Robin Kwong is Newsroom Innovation Chief at The Wall Street Journal. Exploring the future of journalism through the lens of technology, design and the power of emotions. He's also the creator of the Uber Game.
- The Waiting Game and 9 other articles and videos
- Average reading time: 11 minutes
- Read or listen to articles
- From experts like Nicky Case · 🐘 mas.to/@ncase, Zach Gage, and more
- You want to learn something new and are looking for a good, compact introduction.
- You want to sharpen your skills on something you got into recently.
- You want to catch up on a topic that has been in the news lately.
How does it work?
Deep Dives are carefully hand-curated series of time-tested articles and videos from around the web.
We’ll guide you through, one link per day, every morning in your inbox.
Deep Dives come in bites that are short enough to fit in your day...
...but add up to a satisfying learning experience.