From learning to drift off to reducing how many times you wake up in the night, sleep experts share how to get a better eight hours
How switching jobs entirely can make a bigger difference than waiting to be rewarded for your loyalty
We’re told the internet destroys children’s mental health - but Stuart Ritchie read all the relevant studies and saw little to support the claim
«Everyone who understands basic statistics knows that, for “correlation-isn’t-causation” reasons, you’re not allowed to imply that one thing causes another just because they happen at the same time.»
The era of simple, eye-catching stories about people’s psychology is over. After all, how likely was it that something like human rationality was ever going to be straightforward?
Researcher Catherine Elliott O'Dare shares four big reasons to have a friend outside your age bracket
Containerised trees and shrubs bring greenery to even the smallest areas
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who uses Refind?
300k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.