Do you know how to make your praise meaningful? Check out these five principles.
A trio of service designers invite us behind the curtain to see where and how their role fits within Spotify Design.
Meet Grace Kwon, Senior Service Designer for Business Affairs in Brooklyn.
Kicking off a big design project? Ashley shares tips and tricks for the all-important discovery phase.
Our in-house experts give insights into how localization works at Spotify and offer pointers for your own design considerations.
Challenge the way you think and serve access constrained users with these cards.
Senior Product Designer Alexandria Goree walks us through the design process of making over Spotify’s homepage.
In the first instalment of an interview series, two Designers reflect on life as a generalist at Spotify and the career path that led them here.
Carly shows us her strategy to ensure Figma files are set up for exploring freeform designs while also creating space for collaboration and clarity.
Spotify's launching its biggest voting campaign to date. This is the story of how it came together, told by one of the designers who made it happen.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets 5 links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, add to reading list, save to «Made me smarter», «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
100k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.