The Best of Skift
5 most popular Skift articles, as voted by our community.
Bringing you the latest #travelindustry insights through breaking news, cutting-edge research, and world-class events. Stay in-the-know: http://skift.com/newsletters
Skift on Business
CEO Brian Chesky Wants to Deepen Moat Between Airbnb and Competitors
What's next for Airbnb? A new array of services for hosts and guests, some for free, some for sale, and an advertising platform are possible.
These are some all-time favorites with Refind users.
How Artificial Intelligence Is Influencing the Future of Work in the Airline Industry
The airline industry needs AI solutions to influence the future of their work along side the flexibility and human touch of a data analyst.
The Event Industry Is Being Confronted By Its Napster Moment
I won’t bury the headline: the vast, global events industry is going through its Napster moment through this pandemic, and is in denial on what this will
Inside Abu Dhabi’s Thriving Artificial Intelligence Scene
Abu Dhabi is becoming a thriving hub for artificial intelligence and an increasingly attractive destination for meetings and events.
UK Overhauls Destination Marketing for New Era of Tourism
The UK's recent announcement that it was overhauling its destination marketing organizations, so-called DMOs, with a "radical restructuring" shows a new The UK’s destination marketing organizations…
What is Refind?
Every day Refind picks 5 links from around the web that make you smarter, tailored to your interests. is one of more than 10k sources we monitor.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets 5 links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, add to reading list, save to «Made me smarter», «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who uses Refind?
200k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.