The Best of Silicon Republic
The most popular Silicon Republic articles, as voted by our community.
Sci-tech news and views since 2001. Voted Ireland's best science & technology website 7 times. Leading coverage in Fintech, IoT, Blockchain, AI, Future of Work.
Silicon Republic on Company Culture
Chaos Monkey: We look at Shopify's new 'culture of focus'
Deann Evans, of the EMEA exec team at Shopify gave SiliconRepublic.com an update on how its new meetings policy is going down among staff.
Silicon Republic on Disability
‘People with disabilities are some of the best problem-solvers in our society’
Noel Joyce, head of design at Hax, believes that those living with a disability have a superpower that lets them, in some aspects, see into the future.
Silicon Republic on Problem Solving
What type of problem-solver are you?
Are you a systematic or intuitive problem-solver? Check out this infographic for tips on how to improve your problem-solving skills.
What is Refind?
Every day Refind picks the most relevant links from around the web for you. is one of more than 10k sources we monitor.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who uses Refind?
200k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.