After a 6-year-old ran the Flying Pig Marathon this spring, a new paper looks at the available research and makes recommendations for parents.
Research has shown that practicing gratitude helps improve your sleep, reduce your blood pressure, lower your levels of inflammation, and heal from injury faster.
For some runners, from recreational to the pros, less truly is more when it comes to reaping gains.
Over some 3,000 miles and 101 days, the strangers shared stories of ambition, addiction, dreams, and fate. But one thing they never discussed: the worst day of the trip, which they knew was coming.
How running fails Black America
Research suggests utilizing a newer—and less intimidating—method to hitting the weights at the gym.
The old gold standard was 180 steps per minute. But here’s what new research has to say.
Running has the power to change your life. Here’s how to get started the right way—so you never want to stop.
There’s no reason to sacrifice your satiety when going meatless.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets 5 links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, add to reading list, save to «Made me smarter», «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who uses Refind?
100k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.