How patience, rest and a 25% gradient treadmill helped Jack Scott to conquer the Spine Race
Energy gels can be a handy way to fuel on long distance runs, but what's the lowdown on them? Two experts give us their take on when to use energy gels, how to avoid stomach upset and how many to take…
For some runners, from recreational to the pros, less truly is more when it comes to reaping gains.
Over some 3,000 miles and 101 days, the strangers shared stories of ambition, addiction, dreams, and fate. But one thing they never discussed: the worst day of the trip, which they knew was coming.
As temperatures dropped toward freezing and rain pelted the trail, runners in China's Yellow River Stone Forest 100k knew they were in danger.
How running fails Black America
There’s no reason to sacrifice your satiety when going meatless.
Research suggests utilizing a newer—and less intimidating—method to hitting the weights at the gym.
Running has the power to change your life. Here’s how to get started the right way—so you never want to stop.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
450k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.