The Best of Raconteur
The most popular Raconteur articles, as voted by our community.
Stories that connect modern business. PPA Media Business Media Brand of the Year.
Raconteur on Fintech
The history of fintech
Digital transformation is often seen as key to slowing global warming. By using new technology such as artificial intelligence and data analytics, the theory is we can increase efficiency and…
The world of fintech
Awareness, adoption and investment in the global fintech scene have all exploded over the past five years. This infographic explores the changing dynamics of the sector to highlight new opportunities,…
Raconteur on Metaverse
A year on from the Facebook rebrand, will the metaverse gamble pay off?
Meta’s market capitalisation took another knock last night, as $65bn was wiped from its value. With hype surrounding the metaverse fading, should businesses still retain interest?
These are some all-time favorites with Refind users.
4G vs 5G mobile technology
5G may still be a few years away, but it is coming, and it promises to revolutionise the way we work and communicate, with faster speeds and higher security than ever before.
What is Refind?
Every day Refind picks 5 links from around the web that make you smarter, tailored to your interests. is one of more than 10k sources we monitor.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets 5 links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, add to reading list, save to «Made me smarter», «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
200k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.