The Best of Photofocus
5 most popular Photofocus articles, as voted by our community.
The official Twitter account for the http://Photofocus.com site. Get free news, reviews, tips and tricks pertaining to photography.
Photofocus on Photography
How color theory helps your photography
Are your color photos not that eye-catching? Find out how color theory can fix this and make your photography emphasize details better.
Color by the numbers: How digital color works
Color plays a major role in photography. It can enhance an already well captured photo and vice versa.With that being said, how much do you know about digital color?
These are some all-time favorites with Refind users.
Understanding color theory in photography
If you want to make better use of color in your photography, you need to have a good grasp of color theory. Here's how you can get started.
Luminar Neo's secret tools: Color Harmony
Luminar Neo's Color Harmony tool offers advanced options for color grading or control, with specific sliders for varied looks.
How to use custom camera modes to save time
If you photograph different subjects you can save time by setting up your custom camera modes in your camera. Saved settings mean saved time.
What is Refind?
Every day Refind picks 5 links from around the web that make you smarter, tailored to your interests. is one of more than 10k sources we monitor.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets 5 links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, add to reading list, save to «Made me smarter», «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who uses Refind?
200k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.