The Best of Neal Agarwal
8 most popular Neal Agarwal articles, as voted by our community.
creative coder ✨ http://neal.fun
Neal Agarwal on Ethics
Absurd Trolley Problems
Every problem is the trolley problem.
Neal Agarwal on Personal Finance
Shared by 524, including Nathan Yau, Gisele Navarro, Brian Lovin, Oliver Gassner https://mastodon.social/@oliverg, zeldman
Neal Agarwal on Space
Make your own asteroid and launch it at Earth
These are some all-time favorites with Refind users.
The Deep Sea
Scroll down the deep sea in this interactive page.
The Size of Space
Explore the scale of the universe
Design the next iPhone
Apple is running out of ideas and needs your help.
Sell! Sell! Sell!
Visualizing the products that won capitalism.
Ten Years Ago
What did the internet look like ten years ago?
What is Refind?
Every day Refind picks 5 links from around the web that make you smarter, tailored to your interests. is one of more than 10k sources we monitor.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets 5 links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, add to reading list, save to «Made me smarter», «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who uses Refind?
200k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.