What does it mean to rest when you're valued by what you produce?
A disciplined mind is beautiful only if it can also embrace contentment.
«Comedians are the great philosophers of our day, primarily because humor is all about framing wisdom in an absurd way»
You can make a first impression long before you meet its recipient.
Truth lives in nuance, and God is no exception.
What is knowledge? In the age of misinformation, exploring this question is more important than ever.
If you view knowledge for its utility, you will never fully appreciate it.
«note-taking is our attempt to transition the present moment to an imagined, future self»
Shared by 1543, including Essaadi
«happens by removing the influences that no longer serve you, and allowing the remainder to act as guideposts for the person you know yourself to be.»
The best way to divorce pain from suffering is to give yourself space to talk about your pain.
Shared by 224, including DP
«One of my favorite Joker lines from The Dark Knight is when he says that people are like dogs chasing cars; they won’t know what to do if they actually catch them.»
In a culture so focused on managing time, we have become subservient to it.
If you can't eradicate it, opt out of it while you can.
«Status is one of humanity’s great poisons, but it’s so deeply engrained in our evolutionary makeup that we continue to drink from its fountain whenever we can.»
Being aware of each moment’s end is the best way to begin again
Money is a central character in the theater of life, but just a character nonetheless.
Write to remind yourself of what you're capable of thinking.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who uses Refind?
250k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.