The Best of Lawrence Yeo
10 most popular Lawrence Yeo articles, as voted by our community.
Writer. Illustrator. Storyteller.
Lawrence Yeo on Creator Economy
The Arc of the Practical Creator
There is no “easier” or “harder” in any creative endeavor. There is just challenge, and the shifting textures of patience.
Lawrence Yeo on God
God Is a Spectrum of Being
Truth lives in nuance, and God is no exception.
Lawrence Yeo on Metacognition
Knowledge Is Not a Thing
What is knowledge? In the age of misinformation, exploring this question is more important than ever.
Lawrence Yeo on Mindfulness
The Riddle of Rest
What does it mean to rest when you're valued by what you produce?
Lawrence Yeo on Productivity
The Problem With Note-Taking
If you view knowledge for its utility, you will never fully appreciate it.
«note-taking is our attempt to transition the present moment to an imagined, future self»
Lawrence Yeo on Reading
The Antidote to Envy
Shared by 169, including DP
«One of my favorite Joker lines from The Dark Knight is when he says that people are like dogs chasing cars; they won’t know what to do if they actually catch them.»
These are some all-time favorites with Refind users.
The Game You Don't Need to Play
If you can't eradicate it, opt out of it while you can.
«Status is one of humanity’s great poisons, but it’s so deeply engrained in our evolutionary makeup that we continue to drink from its fountain whenever we can.»
The Time Trap of Productivity
In a culture so focused on managing time, we have become subservient to it.
The Finality of Everything
Being aware of each moment’s end is the best way to begin again
Write for Yourself, and Wisdom Will Follow
Write to remind yourself of what you're capable of thinking.
What is Refind?
Every day Refind picks 5 links from around the web that make you smarter, tailored to your interests. is one of more than 10k sources we monitor.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets 5 links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, add to reading list, save to «Made me smarter», «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
200k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.