The Best of Markets Insider
The most popular Markets Insider articles, as voted by our community.
What you want to know about markets. A section of @thisisinsider. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. Visit our homepage for the day's top stories.
Markets Insider on Finance
Meet Peter Tuchman, the most photographed stock trader on Wall Street
In the 1980s, the stock broker opened a jazz record store in New York. Later, he worked as an accountant at a Norwegian oil company in West Africa.
These are some all-time favorites with Refind users.
Circle tells congress its coin is '100%' backed by cash and short-term US debt as lawmakers scrutinize…
Circle CEO Jeremy Allaire and other crypto executives testified at a House Financial Services Committee hearing about the $2.4 trillion market.
Investors should 'gorge' on stocks if the market falls another 18% as next bull market could send…
If the S&P 500 falls to 3,300, investors should "bite" on stocks, and a decline to 3,600 means investors should "nibble" on buying stocks, BofA said.
What is Refind?
Every day Refind picks the most relevant links from around the web for you. is one of more than 10k sources we monitor.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who uses Refind?
200k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.