The Best of M.G. Siegler
10+ most popular M.G. Siegler articles, as voted by our community.
General Partner @GVteam. I write @500ish & @reviewinhaiku. On the road w/ @msquinn 👩🏻 & @maisiesiegler 👧🏼 #GoBlue 〽️🍻
M.G. Siegler on Business
The Fall of the App Store Wall
Imagining how Apple will allow third-party iPhone app stores…
An ‘iPhone Ultra’
Thinking through the ramifications of Apple going even higher-end with the iPhone…
M.G. Siegler on Gadgets
Minimum Viable Technology
A time, perhaps, for Apple Watch owners to lay down their iPhones…
M.G. Siegler on Jeff Bezos
Amazon swims towards $1 trillion…
M.G. Siegler on TV
HBO, Outsource it to Netflix
The utter frustration of trying to use HBO Max in Airplane Mode
The Way of Watering Down Records
About those ‘Avatar 2’ box office headlines…
M.G. Siegler on Twitter
A Tale of Two Twitters
‘For You’ is good. Breaking other clients is bad.
Mastodon Brought a Protocol to a Product Fight
Mastodon vs. Twitter? Come on…
M.G. Siegler on Virtual Reality
Apple’s New Reality
Some thoughts on the clearly forthcoming ‘Reality Pro’ headset
These are some all-time favorites with Refind users.
Rethinking scale for social networks in the era of app inundation
From Samantha to Dolores
Wandering through the BingGPT maze…
What is Refind?
Every day Refind picks the most relevant links from around the web for you. is one of more than 10k sources we monitor.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
200k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.