The Best of Lyz Lenz
6 most popular Lyz Lenz articles, as voted by our community.
Author. Journalist. Find me at http://lyz.substack.com.
Lyz Lenz on Recipes
The Eternal Comfort of the Casserole
Understanding the history and influence of the casserole
Lyz Lenz on Women
That’s How It Works When You’re a Woman on the Internet
Aubrey Hirsch on harassment and existing as a woman online
Men Are Lonely. But Women Are Being Attacked.
Male loneliness is not a woman's problem to solve
These are some all-time favorites with Refind users.
Thank You, Dads of YouTube
On singleness, self-sufficiency, and masculinity
«But every hammer in the hand of a woman, helps her control just a little bit more of the world that tries to control her.»
What the Hell Is Going on in the Classroom?
An interview with sociologist Victor Ray about the moral panic over Critical Race Theory
Hot Divorcée Summer
A manifesto for your summer shenanigans
What is Refind?
Every day Refind picks 5 links from around the web that make you smarter, tailored to your interests. is one of more than 10k sources we monitor.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets 5 links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, add to reading list, save to «Made me smarter», «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
200k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.