The Best of LensCulture
5 most popular LensCulture articles, as voted by our community.
Global photography network & online magazine celebrating trends of contemporary photography in art, media, politics, commerce & popular cultures worldwide.
LensCulture on Photography
The Blindest Man - Photographs by Emily Graham
Following the trail of an unresolved 30-year long treasure hunt in France, Emily Graham translates the obsession, symbolism and fever-dream determination encircling the ongoing mystery into an equally…
The Self and the Shadow
While the self portrait has fascinated artists since the very earliest periods, the use of the shadow in such works is almost exclusively owned by the photographic medium—this series takes full…
These are some all-time favorites with Refind users.
Time As We Know It - Photographs and text by Marna Clarke
This intimate portrait series is a tribute to love, and to the demanding and courageous task of growing old gracefully, graciously, and aware
Black and White Photography — A New Free Guide
Filled with inspiration and insight from artists and industry experts, this free 54-page PDF is a wonderful resource for all photographers interested in making compelling black and white photographs
MADRE - Photographs by Marisol Mendez
Weaving together Andean folklore and Catholic iconography, Marisol Mendez’s bold and beautiful portraits celebrate the syncretic culture of her home country, Bolivia, through its womxn
What is Refind?
Every day Refind picks 5 links from around the web that make you smarter, tailored to your interests. is one of more than 10k sources we monitor.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets 5 links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, add to reading list, save to «Made me smarter», «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who uses Refind?
200k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.