The Best of Institutional Investor
The most popular Institutional Investor articles, as voted by our community.
Daily institutional investing news. Writing the inside story on all things asset management for fifty years and counting.
Institutional Investor on Finance
Jim Chanos’ Short-Only Fund, Ursus, Came Out on Top in 2022
The firm’s assets were also bolstered by two new funds that are shorting data centers.
These are some all-time favorites with Refind users.
There’s an Easier Way to Win in Alternatives
Betting on small funds over large managers gives investors better odds of outperformance, writes columnist Chris Schelling.
Chris Hohn Is a Hedge Fund Manager Like No Other
The TCI Fund Management founder and 2021 Hedge Fund Lifetime Achievement honoree has differentiated himself through philanthropy, activism — and an enviable track record.
What is Refind?
Every day Refind picks the most relevant links from around the web for you. is one of more than 10k sources we monitor.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
200k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.